Thursday, October 15, 2009
Training: Finance for Non-Finance Executives / Managers

For the past 2 days - 13th and 14th October 2006, I had undergone a 2-day training organized by SMIDEC at PSDC. SMIDEC, or Small and Medium Industries Development Corporation is a government agency that supports SMEs by providing infrastructural facilities, financial assistance, market access, etc.

The company that I am part of had designated me to take part in the training provided because my attendance is required to obtain approval for a government grant that we have applied for - Grant for Product and Process Improvement.

The training was called Finance for Non-Finance Executives/Managers conducted by training provider Mr Aaron Ooi. I have learned some important issues in the management of a business - financial accounting, budgeting, costing, and decision making. Most of the principles are defined in formulae, and needed a lot of calculation such as credit sales, depreciation, break-even points and target profit.

As a person with only academic legal knowledge, even the basics of finance and accounting was something new to me. I learnt how to compute basic accounts such as balance statements, profit and loss, etc. Overall, it was a great experience for me.

Well, even though I'm not exactly complaining... I just heard from Mei that I have to attend a 3 day 2 night CAMP organized by NCIA (Northern Corridor Implementation Authority) next month.

*ROAR*


XOXO, shu
4:36 AM | # | 0 Comments




                PROFILE
Shu Fong. 26female. 12june. Penang, Malaysia. ©s Dann. Likes food, art, photography, games, music, my little pony, maple story.

contact: @/msn / facebook
POWERED by blogger

Follow Me on Twitter Updates

     Subscribe?

            COMMERCIAL




            CHATTER BOX


            BLOG READS
    Amy's Memories
    Dann's Journey
    Daphne-tion of Life
    Life with Dominique
    Life with Joyce
    Netster's Blog
    Princess Diaries
    Purplish Snowie
    Shu or Shoe
    Sir Simply Saw
    Vince's Delicacies
    Vince's Footsteps
    YeeLin's Little Something

            MISCELLANEOUS
    Users Online [ Stats ]

    blog 

search directory


    The WeatherPixie